You are here
Degree Seeking Online Students
Steps for applying as an Online Student
2. Arrange for official final transcripts to be sent from all colleges you have attended and from your high school to:
Kansas Wesleyan University
Attn: Admissions Office
100 E. Claflin
Salina, KS 67401
3. After all your materials are in, you will be evaluated for acceptance.
4. Submit your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). In order to receive federal or state financial aid, you must file the free application for federal student aid, and add KWU’s Federal Code:001929. If you intend to not to file the FAFSA, please let us know by calling the Admissions office at 785.833.4305 or by email: email@example.com.
5. Upon acceptance, you must submit your non-refundable enrollment fee of $200 for Full-Time students and $100 for Part-Time students. This will hold your place in the incoming class, reserve your financial aid package and allow you to register for classes for the semester you plan to enroll.
*Please note that the enrollment fee is not required for Graduate Applicants.
Criteria for Admissions
Online Incoming Freshmen:
To be considered as a New Incoming Freshman:
- Students who have never attended college previously.
- Students with less than 24 transferable college credit hours.
Requirements for Full-Time and Part-Time Students:
- Applicants must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale or a GED score of at least 550, or rank in the upper 50% of their senior class.
- Applicants must have either an ACT composite score of 18, or SAT score of 860.
Online Transfer Student:
To Be Considered A Transfer Student You Must Meet One of the Following Criteria:
- Full or part-time degree-seeking students who have taken 24 or more transferable college credit hours since high school graduation or completion of the GED.
- Students who have less than 24 transferring graded credit hours must meet the requirements specified for New Freshman applicants.
Requirements for full-time and part-time students:
- Applicants must have earned a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale for 24 or more transferable graded credit hours
- Applicants must submit an official transcript from each college attended demonstrating they have left the institution “in good standing.”
- Applicants must be a high school graduate or have a GED.
Please note: Grades earned on the quarter-term system do not transfer at the full credit listed on the transcript. Quarter-term hours compute at two-thirds of KWU credit hours; e.g., 4 quarter-term hours will equal 2.67 semester hours. The Registrars Office compiles official equivalencies.
Online MBA Graduate Student:
1. Full Standing is reserved for students who are seeking the M.B.A. degree and for those who meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Applicant interview with MBA Director.
- An overall undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 (4.0 scale).
2. Provisional Standing
Provisional standing pertains to students who are seeking the M.B.A. degree who do not meet the GPA requirements of “Full Standing”. After the applicant interview, the MBA Director may admit the student on a provisional basis. If the student maintains a 3.0 in the MBA program, the M.B.A. Director will upgrade their status.
The cost of the MBA Program is $480 per credit hour, plus a $30 per credit hour tech fee for online courses. Books are included for the 2015-16 academic year.