You are here
Evaluating Job Listings
All jobs posted on this page or through all student Job Update emails from outside sources must first be approved through Kansas Wesleyan University Student Development Office. However, we have no realistic way to verify the quality, accuracy, or value of all job information communicated to us by other organizations. If you have any questions, concerns, insights, and/or knowledge about any jobs posted please notify Student Development/Career Services immediately.
In order to help you better protect yourself from fraudulent job postings here are a few things to keep in mind
- Research the company: Web sites, better business bureau, the United States Federal Trade Commission, the local Chamber of Commerce, ask around to see if others have had any experiences with company posting position, etc.
- Make informed decisions: Most employers will not ask for personal information until you arrive at their offices for an interview and are given a formal job application. So be wary if you are asked to give your Social Security Number by phone, email, or online.
- Check references: Ask for references if you’re not sure about the company’s legitimacy and check them.
- Think twice: If it sounds too good to be true, you can be sure it is!
- Be careful meeting people: The first time you meet someone in person, take a friend along or meet and stay in public places. Be sure someone knows where you’re going and when to expect you back. Take your cell phone and have a friend call periodically. Take along some form of personal protection.
- If someone tries to get you into a situation you are not comfortable with, don’t hesitate to refuse, leave, or do whatever is necessary to protect yourself. NOTHING THAT ANYONE ELSE DOES CAN OBLIGATE YOU TO COMPROMISE YOUR OWN SAFETY!
- If you suspect a job posting is fraudulent, please contact: Student Development 785-827-5541 ext. 1160 and/or Career Services ext 1162 immediately!
All jobs posted on this page will be available for student access for 30 days unless otherwise requested.